E-learning is one of the popular buzzwords nowadays. “Online learning is not the next big thing, it is now the big thing”, said Donna J. Abernathy. The market statistics also recite the same, the e-Learning industry will reach $325 billion by 2025 and this stats is enough to boost Edu startups and e-learning platforms.
So, you want to create an e-learning app? Great idea!
E-learning application development is considered a profitable idea but the main concern is how the heck do you get started? There is so much info already published on the web but most of them are not enough and the rest is internet jargon. So all you need is an expert app development company that has ample expertise in the same domain.
Being a renowned e-Learning app development company, we are well acquainted with the e-learning app development, market research, and e-learning app cost. Therefore, we are coming with this step-by-step guide on how to create an e-learning application, business models, features, and cost that will be surely helpful for you.
Why Building An e-Learning App Is A Great Idea?
Before we dive into the depth, it’s good to talk about why you should create an e-learning platform. If you already have a massive idea of the whys then skip this section and go right ahead with the guide. If not, then keep reading…
Market Stats of e-Learning Application:
- Projections show the e-learning market worldwide is forecast to surpass 243 billion U.S. dollars by 2022.
- According to Forbes, the e-Learning market is expected to reach $325 billion by 2025.
- As per the Statista survey, “Approx. 43% of the total students worldwide have taken e-learning courses.”
There are simply two ways for digital learning: Website or Mobile application. We all are concordant on the point that people are addicted to smartphones and mobile apps are the second important thing in our lives after breathing.
Therefore, traditional learning becomes outdated now, however, people still love to read books in print format, but due to lack of time and reachability issues, people are choosing online learning over the classroom.
“Think out of the box and create a learning experience where the learner can interact with the content and their brains.” – Rosalie Ledda Valdez
Learning is considered mainstream for students, now digitalization enriches the overall experience by providing an e-learning system. There is no age limit for learning, thus, professionals also rely on e-learning apps to elevate their skills and build a profound resume which helps them to fuel their career growth.
In short, building an e-learning application is profitable as well as sustainable too. The area of e-learning platforms is expanding every day and apps like Coursera and Udemy are established as popular e-learning applications.
How To Choose The Best Business e-Learning Model?
There are several types of business models available for e-learning platforms, here we are jotting down each with examples.
- Exclusive-Courses-Model: This type of model associated with popular Institutions and Universities to give exclusive classroom content online. (eg – Coursera)
- Marketplace-Based-Model: One of a kind marketplace where anyone can teach and learn anything online. Udemy app has vast courses and works as a marketplace.
- Tap-&-Learn Model: Apps like Google Primer offer short-term courses that take only a couple of minutes to complete the lesson.
- Niche-Based-Model: In this model, an e-learning platform only provides a niche based course at a time, Duolingo and Sololearn apps offer an easy way to learn languages.
Above business, e-Learning models have covered every type of platform. Each model has its own pros and cons, so it’s all up to you, either choose a niche based model or anything else that suits your business needs.
Want to know the best part?
As per the industry trends, the e-learning marketplace model is more popular and profitable nowadays.
Things To Consider While Creating An e-Learning Application
There are many important things to consider including dashboard development, app UI design, business monetizes plans, e-learning app cost, and so on.
The dashboard is a very important part of mobile apps because it is the only spot where users spend the most time. In marketplace based e-Learning apps, there are mainly three types of the dashboard.
- Admin Panel
- Tutor Panel
- User Panel
- Manage Users & Tutors
- Easy Analytics & Reports
- Plans & Transaction History
- Optimize Badges & Notifications
- Verified Tutor Account Info
- Fast & Smooth Chat Support
- Add, Edit, or Delete Courses
- Real-Time Growth Badges
- Easy Social Media Login
- Filters & Personalize Courses
- Review, Ratings, & Feedback
- Subscription & Payment Mode
e-Learning App UI Design:
The Mobile app UI can be a deciding factor to engage more users and kill boredom by giving them an alluring experience. An online learning platform should offer an easy and engaging user interface so users can easily be glued with the app.
“The most important principle for designing lively eLearning is to see eLearning design not as information design but as designing an experience.” – Cathy Moore
Important Tips For Engaging Mobile App UI Design:
- Simplicity is a hidden weapon, try to make the UI as simple as you can.
- Craft a responsive and custom UI for different screen sizes.
- Color coding should always match with business requirements.
- Follow Google Play Store and Apple App Store Guidelines.
- An eLearning app must be compatible with Dark Mode.
- Instead of bloated design, try to optimize your app speed.
If your dream app UI design is not appealing, then everything is worthless, therefore, craft an astounding user interface to attract and engage users.
Technology is changing every day and is also a responsible factor to create remarkable features.
Do you know?
Udemy technology stack uses AngularJS, Bootstrap, Cloudflare, Comodo SSL, Django, Elasticsearch, GlobalSign, Jenkins, jQuery, MySQL, Nginx, Redis, Sentry, Symantec SSL, Zencoder and etc.
Here, Some Latest Technology For eLearning App Development-
App Development Method
- Native App Development (Android, iOS)
- Cross-platform App Development
- Hybrid App Development
App Development Language
App Development Framework
- React Native
- Node.js, Win.js, Angular.js
Customer Support & Sales
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
Database & Cloud Services
Content Security & App Authentication:
- Comodo SSL
- Symantec SSL
eLearning Platform Monetization:
Before creating an e-Learning app, focus on implementing the right monetization. Leading E-learning apps like Coursera and Udemy offers subscription plans for users. Here are effective ways to monetize your dream e-Learning application.
- Paid Application
- Freemium App (Free Signup & Premium Content)
- Customize Subscription Plans
- Sponsored & Paid Content
- Advertisement (Text, Video, Carousel)
- Affiliate Marketing For Brands
- Friend Referral Plans To Attract New Users
Must-Have Features To Create Successful e-Learning App
“People expect to be bored by eLearning, let’s show them it doesn’t have to be like that!” – Cammy Bean
Features play a major role to enrich the overall learning experience, there are many features that could be applicable for both web and app platforms. Here are a few important features to create a winsome eLearning application.
- Easy social media sign-in, intuitive profile interface
- Personalize content for individual users as per history
- For better readability offer dark mode and whitespace
- Fast search and filter option for easy navigation
- Allow students to track their progress with level up badges
- Allow users to comment, review, and rate any content
- Every course should bring info of tutor, description, and materials
- Optimize certification on the completion of the course
- Use push notification to remind new courses and events
- Easy Payment Mode and Transaction History
How To Create An e-Learning Application?
Finally, let’s find out how to build a winsome eLearning app with the help of important steps.
The first and foremost step is market research. Try to do depth research and jot down your app requirements. Here are two major parts of market research:
- Study Your Target Audience
- Competitor Strategy
Study Your Target Audience-
- Age & Region
- User’s Interest
- Their Expectation: Courses & Learning Style
The target audience can give you detailed information about what your end-user is actually looking for. It will be the best of both worlds if you can bring all the features and price segments as per your customers.
The second benefit of market research is awareness of the competition. It can allow you to set a strategy to beat the competition and find a USP for your business. Try to check top e-Learning platforms and their reviews. Negative reviews can give you an idea about the problems of the target audience, try to solve them in the shape of features.
Coursera and Udemy are big market players In the e-Learning industry, you can learn every aspect from them i.e. business model, subscription plans, features, app structure, and so on. Although apps like Udemy and Coursera are giant and cover maximum audiences, there is a hope for new players.
Want to know the best part?
There are only a few or we can say negligible eLearning platforms that offer courses in regional languages. It’s a great opportunity and USP for Edu startups to attract new users by providing content in regional languages.
Find The Perfect App Development Partner:
- Hire Developers As Freelancers
- Hire e-Learning App Development Company
Hire App Developers As Freelancers:
It’s very easy to hire mobile app developers as freelancers, just search for app developers near me and google will suggest many options. But, Are they suitable for your project? A big doubt. Actually, freelancers are cost-effective for short term projects but when it comes to creating an entire application then they are unable to give output on the time.
Cons of Hiring Freelancers:
- Output effects due to limited technical expertise.
- Always a risk factor of idea & source code authority.
- Hardly follow the deadline and poor communication skill
Here’s the deal:
In case you are looking for a cost-effective app solution, then you can hire dedicated mobile app developers from a reputed app development company.
Hire e-Learning App Development Company:
To make a dream application, one should hire an app development company that can offer robust mobile apps as per the expectation. But this is not a piece of cake, as we all know there are many top mobile app development companies and everyone claims for the best. It’s all up to you how you want to curate your dream application.
Steps To Hire e-Learning App Development Company
- Do market research about technology
- Make some random inquiry to create a list
- Check Reviews & Portfolio to choose the right one
- Ask everything that belongs to your dream app
- Play with the amount to set the final price
- Prototyping to get the idea about the final output
If you find it difficult to filter top mobile app development companies, then we have a solution. Auxano Global Services is a leading e-Learning app development company having vast expertise in the e-Learning platform. Our dedicated mobile app developers work around the clock to meet the client’s expectations and strive to make it a splendid and profitable application.
Why Choose Auxano Global Services:
- Client-centric approach
- Engaging e-Learning Platform
- Result-driven App Solution
- Innovative web & app development
- Source Code Authorization & NDA
- The bug-free app, Post-launch support
Above all, We have ample expertise in e-learning platforms, one of our successful projects TeachMe2Online got so much appreciation from the client and users. We always treat our clients as family members, therefore, feel free to discuss your requirements with our experts.
How much does e-Learning App Cost:
To be honest it’s difficult to estimate the exact e-learning app cost without having a business requirement. The overall e-Learning app development cost depends on various factors, few are mentioned below:
- App Development Cost
- App UI UX Design Cost
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Documentation
- Overall Development Time
Although, calculating an accurate app development cost is tough, therefore, we are giving a rough estimation of overall app development cost.
Here, A Rough Estimation of e-Learning App Cost-
“eLearning is changing. And, we will see new models, new technologies and designs emerge. So, let’s drop the “e” – or at least give it a new and wider definition.” – Elliot Masie
While wrapping up the article, one thing is clear that building an e-Learning app is a profitable idea. You can easily make headway through robust application development and marketing your masterpiece. We discussed top e-Learning apps (Coursera, Udemy), features, dashboard design, e-Learning app cost, and many more.
If you’re looking to hire dedicated mobile app developers or searching an apt app development company, then we are the best choice. Auxano Global Services ranked among the top mobile app development companies because we strive to create feature-rich, engaging, and successful applications. Let’s drop your dream idea to make a masterpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Create an e-Learning App?
As mentioned above, there are two steps to create an e-Learning app: Market research & Hire app development company. The proper market research gives you detailed information about the target audience and competition. You should find a leading e-Learning app development company i.e. Auxano Global Services for successful app development.
2. How Much e-Learning App Development Costs?
The eLearning app cost relies on various factors features, technology, complexity, UI design, and hourly charges of resources. As per the rough estimation, it cost around $141,000-$194,000 to build a feature-rich application for the eLearning platform.
3. How Profitable Is An e Learning Business?
As per the reports, the e-Learning business is expected to reach $325 billion by 2025, therefore, many entrepreneurs and Edu startups are leveraging this industry. People are enjoying the way eLearning platforms enrich the overall experience. In short, it is a profitable and sustainable idea to start an eLearning business.
4. Types of E learning Business Model
There are mainly four types of eLearning business models: Exclusive course model, Marketplace based model, Tap & learn model and Niche based model. Each model has its own pros and cons, the marketplace e-Learning model is the most favorable among users.
5. Why Choose Auxano Global Services for developing an e-learning app?
Auxano Global Services holds a reputation among top mobile app development companies that offer result-driven solutions in minimal time. Our client-first approach allows us to create a masterpiece and support app even after the launch. We are a renowned e-Learning app development company with an experienced team of developers. Let’s discuss your dream app requirements with our experts.