Android Go app development is quite a fundamental need for every business. The all-new Golang and Android Go operating system is helping low storage devices to make the best out of it. One should hire Android Go app developers to create speedy and smooth mobile applications.
With the rapid up-gradation of the Android operating system, smartphone companies need to synchronize the device hardware with the latest versions of the OS. So, every time a new OS is launched, some smartphones lose partial compatibility, while others lose it completely.
In such a scenario, many users are left with no functional smartphones to use. But ever since Google planned to make smartphones accessible to everyone, significant evolution came to the table. A prominent initiative is the launching of Android Go.
You might be wondering:
So why do the latest versions of the Android operating system and the older smartphones become incompatible?
It is because as the Android OS is getting upgraded, the memory and processor requirement is hiking. While the latest Android devices comprise large memory and a fast processor to run the newer OS effortlessly, the older devices fall short in lesser memory and a slower processor.
What is Android Go?
The tech giant, Google, identified the issue and brought forth a lightweight version of Android, called the Android Go. Android Go is a compact version of the ordinary Android operating system, that will give a seamless user experience even with lesser memory and mobile data, and a slower processor. Android Go will make low-budget smartphones largely available in the market so that the majority can purchase the devices.
Why You Must Use Android Go?
Android Go not only satisfies the customer pool, but also several app developers are benefitted. Apart from being lightweight, Android Go has a plethora of other benefits, making it suitable to use for a host of projects. Let’s talk about the advantages of using Android Go.
1. As Android Go will bring a large number of non-smartphone users into the pool, there is an increased scope for the developers to reach a larger audience. For this reason, even the top Mobile app development company in USA is inclined to develop Go apps.
2. Android Go reduces the app development lifecycle. (Faster Development)
3. When compared to other frameworks, Go runs way faster.
4. Unlike C#, Java, Python, and Rust, program chunks are shorter but more powerful.
5. Go significantly considers garbage collection and memory safety.
6. Go’s API documentation is rich in content and easier to memorize.
7. Go compilers smoothly compile the binaries.
8. Go provides built-in testing.
Difference Between Android Go Apps Vs. Android Apps
Beyond a lighter operating system, the Android Go Play Store and applications show some distinctiveness. The applications in Android Go open up 15% faster than the Android apps. The Android Go Play Store contains all the applications that the Android Play Store does, along with the lightweight ‘Go’ applications, like YouTube Go, and Gmail Go, designed specifically for Android Go. The Go Play Store sends recommendations for using these Go applications.
After hearing a lot about the basic differences between Android and Android Go, it is necessary to glance at the key differences between Android Go apps and Android Apps
1. Google Go vs. Google
Google Go appears to be lighter than Google. The Go version of Google is drastically slimmer with a space occupancy of 12 MB than the regular Google that consumes a space of 166 MB. The lightweight does not hinder the user experience. Google Go comes with all the Google features like voice searching, Google translate, etc.
2. Google Go Map vs. Google Map
The size of the APK of Google Go Map is much smaller than that of the Google Map. Though Google Go Map allows the sharing of real-time location, it does not provide the feature of navigation through the map or obtain driving instructions. To get a navigation feature, the user must install another application called Navigation for Google Maps Go.
3. Google Go Assistant vs. Google Assistant
Though some features in Google Go Assistant are found missing, it does not affect much user experience. Interestingly, Google Assistant occupies a small space of 800 KB, whereas the Go version consumes 17.47 MB upon installation. The Google Go Assistant is not a version of Google, so the user needs to open a separate app to use the Go assistant.
Similar to these applications, other Go specific apps also consume little space while offering a rich user experience. To bring forth the best applications to the platter, the Golang app development company in USA considers these parameters strongly.
How To Create an Android Go Application?
The market for Android Go applications is bright, and you must get your feet dirty in developing Go applications as soon as possible. But before you begin working on the applications, you will have to choose one strategy out of the three below or hire Golang app developers.
1. Design Single App
Omitting all the confusion, you can aim at building a single app for Android Go and the regular Android. To optimize the space occupancy in the Go applications, you can efficiently use the Android App Bundle, which saves up to 65% of the space.
2. Design Two APKs
Another convenient option is to design a single app for all the devices, with different user experiences. All that you need to do in this case is designing two APKs, one for the Go version, and the other for the regular Android.
3. Go with Two Different Apps
You can do this too! Designing two different applications, one for Android and the other for Android Go, is a great idea.
Things to Consider For Android Go App Development
- After you decide on a suitable strategy, you need to consider some more points for the successful development of Android Go applications.
- Ensure that the Android Go application users face no issues as frequent app crashes.
- The best Go applications have a small installed size. So, for better user experience, you must keep the application size as small as possible.
- For ensuring the best performance, you must keep an eye at the application getting fully interactive within 5 seconds of opening.
- Track the PSS to analyze how much space the Go application consumes.
Android Go applications are a relatively newer concept. So, grave problems and challenges might arise in the due course. In such scenarios, working with an Android Go app development company, as Auxano Global Services, benefits you in overcoming the probable challenges quickly. Contact us now for impeccable app development.